Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Peace Out, Worry... Hello, Fundraising!

For those of you that have been checking back here wanting updates and been disappointed time and time again... I am sorry! There will be far more frequent updates as the summer goes on and our process speeds up!

I finished up my last semester of on-campus classes almost three weeks ago. All that stands between me and my elementary education degree is 4 months of internship that starts in August! Since finals ended I have spent the majority of my time out of town visiting family. Brett was gone for two of those three weeks, so much of what we need to accomplish right now has had to be put on hold. This has been frustrating for me because I want to get everything done, move on to Referral process, and then start preparing to bring our child(ren) home. But one thing (of many) that God is teaching us through this is to not be anxious or frustrated and to trust Him fully. That includes trusting in His timing as well as His plans to provide the financial means to carry this to completion. I was worried about both of these things for a couple months, but I finally let go and put all of my trust in Him not too long ago. I refuse to worry anymore. It is pointless and a waste of time and energy, and above all it is a violation of his command that I do not worry. These Scriptures are being written on my heart so that I do not slip back into worry at any point and so I put all my trust in Him no matter what:

Philippians 4:6-7
Proverbs 3:5-6
Psalm 46:10
Psalm 55:22
Colossians 3:15

I am just going to trust, pray, be thankful, and obey, as His Word tells me to do these things instead. That being said, we have a lot of things in the works to get the financial burden lifted off this adoption process. It is not His desire that we sit around and expect for Him to provide the money with no effort on our part (though He is God and could certainly do it). He has prepared and equipped us to do our part. We choose to be proactive in what He is doing and what He will do to provide, so it is with a care-free heart that I present you with our current and upcoming fundraisers that you can be a part of if you desire. Have any additional ideas that you would like to share and partner with us in completing? Please contact me!

  • Support Kelly Gore's weight loss! Woman of God. Breast cancer survivor. Amazing wife, mom, and friend. Kelly announced on Facebook today that she is setting a goal to lose 15 lbs in 6 weeks. She is seeking out donors who would like to support our adoption by donating $1 or more per pound that she loses! How awesome is this? Please message her on Facebook if you are interested, or contact me and I will give her your contact information.
  • Donate unwanted items: We are having our first fundraiser yard sale on June 15th and 16th at our house. Please contact me if you have any new or gently used items that you would like to donate. ANYTHING that you think will sell is encouraged! (Furniture, antiques, shoes and clothing of any size, home decor, kitchen supplies, books, electronics that work, etc., etc.!) We can pick up the stuff, arrange to meet you, or you can drop it off at our home. Please contact me if you want to help in this way.
  • Donate recipes: My awesome mother-in-law is creating a cookbook that we will be selling! She has been collecting recipes for a little over a month but we still have room for many more recipes. If you are interested in submitting recipes, please contact me and I will give you her e-mail address. I will write a new post with pictures when they arrive and are ready to be sold!
  • Place a Scentsy order through me, come to my party, or throw a party: A close family friend is a Scentsy consultant. She contacted me offering to give me 100% of the profits if I would like to host a party! In addition... Because Scentsy is such a popular company with great products, there is a high chance that I too will become a Scentsy consultant for the sole purpose of putting all of my profits towards adoption expenses. Please let me know if you would also like to host a party, if you would like to be invited to the party I am hosting, or if you would like to place an order to go towards the party I am hosting.
  • Buy a t-shirt: They will be available very soon. If they all sell in a decent time frame, we will make another design and place another order. As with the cookbook, I will post when they are ready. (If you pre-ordered, I will contact you the day they arrive.)
  • Want to donate money? You can click on the "Donate" button on the right and send to our adoption account any amount you desire to give at any time.
*I can be reached at richardsonadoptionafrica@gmail.com, or you can message me on Facebook, where I am located as Desiree Rochell Richardson*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.